Speaking of rice pilaf, my mom had a coupon to eat at the Shrimp House and we headed there for dinner. I've lived in this town for quite some time now, and I never knew about this place! The place looks small from the outside, but the inside was spacious. The walls were painted blue and decorated with sea animals, obviously. The other guests seemed really laid-back, a lost as if the place was located next to the beach. In addition, the servers were really friendly.

We started off with the calamari, popcorn shrimp and clam chowder for appetizers. The calamari and popcorn shrimp came in these little adorable baskets. The clam chowder was a bit of a miss for me - it was good, but it seemed a bit bland at some point.

For our entrees, we had the grilled seafood sampler. It came with fish, shrimp and scallops. Grilled beats fried any day, to be honest. Their scallops tasted amazing, especially after you added fresh lemon juice to it.


Overall, the place was good. For a seafood restaurant that isn't located in a coastal city, it was delicious. I'm definitely dining at this place again!






I'm not a big seafood lover, but that looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to be healthier as well! The exercise is fine, but it's so hard trying not to eat all of the bad food :(
Hmm generally I only like seafood when it's fried! Haha. It looks good!
ReplyDeleteI am not the biggest seafood lover like Philippa but this looks yummy when I went to florida last year I actually had my first ever Lobster and it was yummy! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://lauraamanda1104.blogspot.com
You think grilled beats fried?! You're probably the first person I've ever heard say that haha. The food looks amazing anyway though!
ReplyDelete